Tuesday, April 1, 2014

GIGGLY: La Paltrow's Tahini Dressing (Vegan version)

I don't know if I can get in the Vegenaise fan club list.

In a mad rush I realized I needed more dressing for my salad at work today. 

Popped open La Paltrow's 3rd book and decided now was as good a time as any to try hers. There is a huge part of me that feels like if you are a super star and you have a private chef....your cookbook better be pretty f**ing good- across the board. So far it's been 50/50.

Anyway...Ok so I threw it together with the Vegenaise option...

Right off the abt I felt like it needed more lemon...it just lacked bite and seemed TOO thick. I suspect making it with yoghurt would solve this problem.


I also used garlic powder since I didn't have time to chop.

And that stuff was GIGGLY. Which freaks me out a bit.

The jury is out and my greens and tuna are chilling as we speak.... 


  • GIGGLY: Yogurt-Tahini Dressing

  • 2 tablespoons Tahini
  • 1/2 small garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1/2 cup Vegenaise
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

mix altogether with a whisk or small hand blender, add more lemon/salt/garlic to taste. chill.

FAMILY TALLY: Jury is still out...


No comments:

Post a Comment