Friday, April 4, 2014

A KEEPER: Scallion Ginger Tofu Marinade

  • Good Luck. 
  • My newly vegetarian teen keeps reminding me(she's TRYING to be patient)that she doesn't like SOY all that much. 
  • Have you ever tried to find a tofu marinade without soy??? It's ridiculous. I FINALLY ran across this... which has a small bit of tamari and tried it.
  • A complete hit!
  • I cut the drained & de-watered tofu in slices, marinaded it for 3 hours and then fried it up in a pan with a bit of coconut oil. 
  • It came out beautifully. Not too spicy. Made the house smell like heaven.
  • Even THE PICKY ONE tolerated it. I'd say this is a total keeper. The next time I will double the batch as this was BARELY enough for one block of extra firm Tofu.
  • Now as you can see we like our stuff CRISPY (ok, it looks burnt...But i assure you thats 1000% tasty.)
  • You could obviously roast this or do it in a pan. I just wanted to try something different since my oven could use a break, and I thought the pan would give it that extra crisp WE like. It did!
  • This would really work as a marinade on anything, I think.

  • A KEEPER: Scallion Ginger Tofu Marinade
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp reduc sodium tamari (or shoyu or soy sauce)
  • 1 tsp agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger (minced, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
  • 1 tbsp garlic (minced fresh, or 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic)
  • 1/2 cup scallions (chopped)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp coriander
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment