Thursday, April 10, 2014

GOOD EGG: Mini Omelette Bites




              i hate eggs.
i really do.



I was inspired the other morning to make something that i thought would make me actually EAT an egg. Lots of disguise, ya know?

Plus I had the left over veggie sausage and the vegi cheddar shreds as well. I hate throwing food away almost as much as I hate eggs..

So I came up with these.


Cheesy, meaty, oniony little egg disguises. 

Did I eat them you ask????

I ate two. TWO!! And yes, I might have nibbled around the eggy bits. What can I say? I'm a coward.

In the end...Super easy to make, and they will sit in the fridge for a couple days too!
They are so cute!
GOOD EGG: Mini Omelette Bites

5 beaten eggs (3 whole, 2 whites)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 vegetarian sausage patty, defrosted
1 cup vegi cheese of your choice (i used cheddar)
1/8 tsp Curry powder(Or seasoning of your choice)
salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat your oven to 375.
Spray or lightly coat your muffin pan with the oil. I used olive oil spread.

Lightly saute the onion (and sausage) till they start getting soft. Cool for 3 minutes.

Combine eggs, onions, sausage in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and seasoning of your choice. I always add a bit of curry to eggs...But you don't have to.

Put a pinch of cheese in the bottom of the muffin wells. Add egg mixture, so that it comes to about 2/3 of the way up to the top of the well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Bake for 9 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes if you want it browner.

Ta da!


Ok, actually it's about 4 bites...


FAMILY TALLY:3 of us ate them, even me...

No comments:

Post a Comment