Wednesday, April 30, 2014

DOUBLE DOWN: Oat flour Banana Nut Loaves


Weird. 
These are perfectly good and tasty. However,Its taken me well over a week to blog about them. They don't have the WOW factor of CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST or....SESAME ALMOND COOKIES i guess (both of which are amazingly WOW and you can find in my index of recipes)I don't know. They just aren't ....sexy.

Let me back track...

I have an AMAZING gluten free BANANA BREAD recipe which i haven't made for the blog yet, But i wanted to give my oat flour a try, so went searching for recipes. I found this one.

I like the recipe because it makes 2 loaves and I'm starting to feel like making a double batch of anything is good. I like to take things to work for my coworkers to try, since alot of us are on the 'HEALTHY' band wagon. Sometimes this backfires....But these were a hit. THE MEAT EATER preferred this recipe aver the other one I have. I was bowled over...But i'm allowed to be ambivalent sometimes no?


DOUBLE TROUBLE: Banana Nut Loaf 

6 very ripe bananas (medium-large)
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups Oat flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 tbsp of ground flax seeds
3 tsp Light Agave (regular will work)
2 tbsp Chia seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans. 

In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork until they form a slightly chunky banana paste. Add melted Coconut Oil, Agave, Eggs and Vanilla.

In a separate, medium-sized bowl combine Oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt, chia and flax. Whisk together until completely combined.

Add the dry ingredients about 1/3 at a time, mixing until barely combined each time. After all of the dry ingredients have been added fold in the nuts.

Scrape batter into 2 prepared loaf pans and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf. 

FAMILY TALLY: Kids preferred the banana marble bread from an earlier post. No surprise. Co-workers and MEAT EATER loved this. I think they came out just fine, just not overly excited about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment