Wednesday, April 2, 2014

BEST BITE: Frozen Raw Brownie Bites


  • Ok I am obviously romanced by the weird new health things like Quinoa flakes, Hemp and the like. My cupboard is filling up and I feel like I should be wearing John Lennon glasses and a moo moo. I don't know what's happening to me. I have been known to chow down on McDonalds back in the day, I confess.

I also feel a strange urge to bake all the time. I HATE baking. I'm talking card carrying, cake from a box tastes better and is a F*** lot easier than a homemade cake kinda baker. Die Hard.

...hated.

A change has come, I guess. Go figure. I'm going with it for now, even though the dishes are getting me down and our tiny kitchen is starting to explode...

Anyway- THESE ARE AMAZING. To the point Very VERY chocolaty. A HUGE HIT.


  • BEAUTIFUL BITE: Frozen Raw Brownie Bites

  • ¼ cup raw shelled hemp seeds or fine add in of your choice 
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds
  • ½ cup unsweetened vanilla non dairy milk
  • 1 tsp agave
  • ⅔ cup + 2 tbsp bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup coconut flour



  1. Combine hemp seeds with 1 tsp sugar & maple syrup in a non stick pan. Cook at LOW heat for about 5 minutes, until they start to brown, stirring often so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.

  2. Mix milk and chia/ground flax seeds in a small bowl and set aside

  3. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt together ⅔ cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, agave and coconut oil on the 50% setting for 90 seconds at a time. Stir and repeat till everything is melted.

  4. Once it’s completely melted, add vanilla extract, chia mixture, coconut flour, hemp seeds and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips. Mix until all the ingredients together. THIS WILL BE VERY VERY GOOEY.

  5. Spoon mixture into paper liners in a cupcake or muffin pan and freeze until they harden (this usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour). I used mini cupcake liners, for the small bites...But you could use any size really.

  6. Thaw for a few minutes to serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment