Monday, April 14, 2014

FISH TALE: Miso/Honey Glazed Salmon & Asparagus in Almond Sauce

Ya know pictures just don't look as nice when taken at night.

Whatever. This was a lovely and SUPER easy dinner we had after a very long and fruitful day of taxes, wrestling a HUGE ugly bush into submission, raking and generally making plans we probably won't have time to implement. 

Life.



The other thing to say is that i really don't LOVE Salmon. This glaze seemed like it might be tasty enough to turn over my leaf. 


It WAS delicious, But i still don't think I'm gonna run out and buy some salmon for myself. THE MEAT EATER was thrilled with this whole meal. The fact that I ate the whole damn filet will tell you how good this was. But i still don't think I'm gonna run out and buy salmon for just me.

The Almond sauce for the Asparagus you can make in your sleep, I assure you. It's sort of a take on a peanut sauce only more delicate. I ADORE peanut sauce...so this is a huge win!

I paired the asparagus & salmon with TRADER JOE'S Kimchi Rice, which was perfect. I have found all the frozen rice blends from TJ's to be FANTASTIC. This one was spicy, but no exception.

Asparagus with Almond Sauce
1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed
2 Tbsp White miso
2 Tbsp Almond Butter
1/4 cup boiling water
1 Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds if you want fancy-ness.

Mix the miso and butter together, boil some water...throw that in. Steam your asparagus and throw the sauce over it. Add sesame seeds if you like.  seriously thats it.
Serving size: We couldn't stop eating it, but it would serve four normal people.

Broiled Salmon with a Miso Honey Glaze

4 salmon fillet (or less if they are thick)
2 Tbsp miso paste
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp mirin

  • lime wedges to taste would be good, But i didnt have any and it was great anyway.
Serving Size: 4
  1. Move the oven rack to the 2nd highest shelf. 
  2. Mix all the dressing ingredients together with a small whisk.
  3. Line a baking tray with foil and coat with smidge of oil. Lay down the fish (skin side down IF they have skin).
  4. Spread about half of the miso-honey glaze over the fish and let it sit for 10 minutes. 
  5. Generally broil The fish until its pink on the inside with a gorgeous brown outer layer. I'd say...For a about 10 minutes if they are thick. Kepp an eye on it, since it is BROILING. It should have a lovely dark caramel color on the outside. I turned my thinner filets after abt 5 minutes. **** Baste the fish once or twice during the cooking time with the remainder of the dressing.
  6. Serve immediately with a lime wedge squeeze

FAMILY TALLY: DELICIOUS for 2, I have my doubts about the kids eating any of it, but what are you gonna do? If your kids like Salmon, i think this is a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment