Thursday, March 27, 2014

TOO EASY: Oven Zucchini


Long before I started eating more vegetarian/vegan food, long before my kids could cook this themselves (not that they would), 
and long before i thought about blogging badly...

I made this every week. I still do. It's one of my die-hards. My i-can-make-this-in-my-sleep recipes.

I come from a long line of squash lovers, So it's no surprise i could eat all of this in one sitting. What IS a surprise is that my fairly veg loving offspring can't get on board with zucchini yet. Oh well.

This is the easiest thing ever, and really.....still the most delicious. Something about the sweetness of the zucchini with the caramelized outside bits. You can always throw these in soups and pastas, But I doubt there will be any left. 

And really, While i like a nice crunchy veg too..when you let these go just a little longer than that....magic happens.


OVEN ZUCCHINI


2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Dried Italian seasoning
1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar (if you like it)
several sprinkles Garlic powder
several sprinkles Onion powder
3 medium Zucchini, cut lengthwise into logs
1 sprinkle red pepper flakes
grated Parmesan

Add the first 6 ingredients to a foil lined baking sheet and mix together well , lay down the zucchini logs and gently coat by hand. Place them green end DOWN on the tray and sprinkle with the amount of red pepper flakes you can handle (Please be careful!)

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes on the second oven shelf, then check to make sure they are beginning to get soft.

after checking, quickly broil until golden (again....be careful and don't leave them. HOWEVER, I've eaten the burned version of these a million times...and believe me, it aint terrible ) 

(For decadence, Grate Parmesan over the top before broiling)

Best ever Oven Zucchini
HEY LOOK MY PICTURES ARE GETTING BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment