Thursday, March 27, 2014

LEFTOVER MADNESS: Quinoa Cakes with Broccoli

Why i decided to try these after a very long workday...I don't know. I wanted something super satisfying and healthy at the same time. I also started to really fret over the amazing amount of left over containers in my fridge.

 I think these hit the high notes, and then some. I ate them all ...which I wouldn't advise if you are watching your waistline.

Ok, Not the best picture, But in my defense I was exhausted and they actually looked pretty in person.

I'm learning...It's better to photograph food in the daytime. Apologies from the remedial blogger.

 Leftover Quinoa Cakes


1/2 medium chopped Onion, sautéed till soft 
1/2 cup chopped vegan protein (i used some marinated Tempeh i had)
1 1/2 cups cooked Quinoa (see any label for directions)
1/2 cup chopped steamed Veg (I used Broccoli, but cauli would be great!)
1/2 tsp dried basil
                                                             1/8 cup GF bread crumb
                                                             3/4 cup Veganaise (or mayo) 
                                                             1/8 tsp curry powder
                                                             2 egg whites
                                                             garlic salt & pepper to taste

Throw it all in a bowl, mix well and gently fashion into medium sized cakes which look like crab cakes....So not balls! Think small hamburgers. and Don't be crazy....these are still delicate

Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. GENTLY Turn them over and broil until just crispy on the outside.

Not so bad!

FAMILY TALLY: i was amazingly ALONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment